- 1-pint grape tomatoes-cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves-minced
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-a pinch
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil-chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ lb pasta
- Grated pecorino Romano
Add the tomatoes, garlic and the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook it on low until the tomatoes are soft and most of the water has evaporated. Add salt and a little sugar. In the meantime, cook the pasta till al dente in a well-salted boiling pot. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and cooked pasta in the skillet. Once nicely incorporated, add the basil and turn the heat off.
Top the pasta with the cheese.
- 1 orange, red and yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into squares
- 2 zucchini, cut into one inch diagonal pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound different varieties of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons homemade or store bought pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place the peppers and zucchini on a cookie sheet.
Add the olive oil with the salt and pepper. Mix well and bake for 30 minutes. In the meantime in a serving bowl, add the tomatoes and the pesto. Add the roasted vegetables to the bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- One and a half pounds, boneless chicken breast, cut 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons tamari (Japanese soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound asparagus, sliced on the diagonal, 1 inch thick
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cashews in a pie plate and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, until they are nicely browned and fragrant. Let cool.
In a medium bowl toss the chicken with one tablespoon tamari, one tablespoon Chinese rice cooking wine, salt and pepper. Set aside for 1-3 hours.
Combine chicken broth, rice vinegar, light brown sugar, sweet chili sauce and 3 tablespoons tamari in a bowl and keep aside.
Combine the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil and ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Transfer to a plate. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil and ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil and add the chicken in an even layer and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned. Remove from pan and transfer to plate. Heat pan with remaining peanut oil and dark sesame oil and add the ginger and garlic with the cooked asparagus. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken broth sauce and the chicken. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is thickened. Top the dish with the roasted cashews.
Serve with white or brown rice.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the potatoes on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the parsley. Toss the potatoes to coat. Roast in the oven, until golden and crispy on the outside, tender and cooked through on the inside, about 30 minutes.
- 5 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled
- 1 lb. green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons home made or store bought pesto
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil and slice potatoes. Trim beans and cut in half. Combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in oven for 30 minutes. At the same time, combine the beans with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Place the roasted vegetables in a serving bowl. Add the pesto, combine and serve.