This is a great recipe for the summer- who doesn’t like chicken tikkas??? The only trick is to give the marinade some time to do its work.. the rest is easy…
- 1 pound chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground to a powder
- 4 to 6 cardamom pods, ground to a powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
Mix the yogurt, half and half, ginger, fennel, cardamom, salt and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and mix well. Marinate for at least 2 to 3 hours, preferably 24 hours.
Take the chicken pieces out of the marinade. Place on to a line cookie sheet. Drizzle the oil all over the chicken pieces. Place into a high broiler and broil both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve hot and with cilantro chutney.