Category Archives: Poultry
- 1 pound udon noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 sausage links, casings off and crumbled (I used Korean style sausages)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ pound shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and keep aside.
Heat a wok like saucepan with the peanut oil. Add the crumbled sausage and sauté on medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the udon noodles and sauce. Bring to a boil and add the shrimp. Mix well, cook for another 2 to 3 minutes till the shrimp is cooked through, adjust the seasonings and serve.
What do you do with leftover roast chicken and cauliflower??? Well, you make individual, homemade pizzas, of course!
- One large pizza dough from a pizzeria cut into four pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
Preheat convection oven (preferred) to 450 degrees F.
Take one piece and form into a round ball and using some of the all-purpose flour roll into a 9-inch circle. Keep aside. Repeat with the other three pieces.
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Spread the tomato sauce on each rolled out pizza dough. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly and keep aside.
- 1 cup leftover roast chicken, potatoes and cauliflower- cut into small pieces
Add a quarter cup of the roast chicken mixture on top of each pizza and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Toast the peppercorns in a cast iron skillet on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Take out and cool and grind in a spice grinder. Keep aside.
- 2 medium shallots, ends cut off
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon extra light olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the shallots and garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Add the oil and salt, wrap well and roast for about half an hour. Let cool and keep aside.
- 1½ pound chicken breast cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Marinate the chicken pieces in the chili garlic sauce, tamari and sesame seeds. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple cider
Add the oyster sauce, tamari, rice vinegar and apple cider to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the sauce gets thick. Add the roasted shallots and garlic. Mix well and blend till smooth. Check for seasonings and keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
Heat a large saucepan and add the oil. Brown the chicken pieces in 2 to 3 batches, browning both sides. Take the pieces out and keep aside.
Add the glaze in the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces and simmer till the chicken is cooked through- about 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.
- 4 full chicken legs (skin off)
- 1 pound small yellow potatoes (skin off)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup fresh or store bought pesto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat a 350 degrees F.
Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil.
Place the cauliflower florets and potatoes to the bottom of the pan. Add half of the pesto, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of the olive oil. Mix well with your fingers. Place the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables. Add the rest of the pesto and olive oil. Rub all over the chicken. Add salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for an hour. Change the setting to high broil and brown for 5 to 10 minutes till the chicken and the potatoes turn golden brown. Serve with crusty bread.
I love trying different cuisines- this is my first time trying this Filipino classic.. of course, I put my own spin on it. It’s yummy!
- 4 to 5 chicken thighs with skin and bone in
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 to 4 scallions, chopped
Place the soy sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and orange juice in a large sauté pan. Place the chicken thighs, skin side down. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat and then cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Uncover the pan and increase the heat to high and return the sauce to boil while turning the chicken occasionally and basting at the same time. Take the chicken out after about 3 to 4 minutes and add the cornstarch. Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken. Check for seasonings and turn the heat off.
Let the chicken pieces cool, take the skin off and take all the meat off the bone with a fork. Return the shredded chicken to the sauce, check for seasonings and garnish with cilantro and scallions.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Juice of a large lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Marinate the chicken pieces with the lime juice, salt, coriander and cayenne pepper for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, slice in half
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat a large saucepan with coconut oil. Add the fennel seeds, curry leaves, onion, Serrano pepper and garlic. Saute on medium heat for 4 to 5 inutes. Add the turmeric, coriander powder and a teaspoon of salt. Saute on medium heat for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken with the marinade and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover with lid and cook for about 15 minutes. Take the lid off and let the chicken simmer on medium heat for another 5 to 6 minutes. Check for seasonings and garnish with garam masala and cilantro. Serve with rice and roti.