Another recipe for our favorite thing to eat in my house- meatballs!! These are absolutely yummy…
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Heat a frying pan with the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook over medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes till all the fat is rendered and the pancetta bits are golden brown. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Saute for another 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off and set aside to cool.
- 1 pound dark meat ground turkey
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs soaked in ¼ cup milk (let sit for 10 minutes before adding to the turkey)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato sauce
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, parsley, cheese, egg, soaked breadcrumbs, salt and the cooled pancetta mixture. Mix well and keep aside.
Bring the tomato sauce to a boil in a large saucepan, form the meatballs and gently slide them into the sauce. Cover with lid and lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or once the meatballs are cooked through. Serve warm with spaghetti.