I think I am currently obsessed with Asian food.. I love it and love cooking it…You could buy a jar of green curry from the store or you could make your own.. the one from scratch is way yummier!!!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- Zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
Marinate the chicken slices in the lime zest, salt and oil. Mix well and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 to 3 fresh lemon grass stalks, trimmed, the ends smashed and chopped fine (I used frozen chopped lemon grass)
- 2 inch piece of galangal, chopped (you can substitute with fresh 1 inch fresh ginger)
- 2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves (substitute with zest of 1 lime)
- Zest of 1 lime (use 2 limes all together if kaffir limes leaves are not being used)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
Place all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Pound till a paste is formed. Keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (your favorite)
- Salt to taste
- 1 large red, orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 to 5 baby bok choy, sliced in quarters
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat a saucepan with the oil. Add the curry paste and sauté on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, palm sugar, fish sauce and chili sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken slices and poach on a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep aside. Continue to simmer and add the peppers and the bok choy. Cook for another 5 minutes. Return the chicken back to the curry and finish cooking, making sure the chicken is not over cooked. Garnish with cilantro.