Tomatoes are in season and this is a very unlikely dish.. no one thinks of stir fry when one thinks of tomatoes, well, why not!!!
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
Marinate the chicken pieces in the tamari, ginger, garlic, cooking wine and cornstarch for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge. Take out about half an hour before cooking. Heat a wok like pan with the oil. Add the tomatoes and the sugar and sauté on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on high heat or till the juices come out. Add the chicken and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil and cook till chicken is cooked through. Check for seasonings and garnish with cilantro and green onions.