Kumquats are in season- make this!!
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 to 1½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, skinned removed
- 1 pack kumquats, sliced in half and deseeded
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
Heat a large saucepan with the olive oil. Sprinkle salt on the chicken pieces. Brown both sides on high heat for about a minute or two each. Take out and keep aside. Add the kumquats and ginger and sauté for a minute on high heat. Add the orange juice, tamarind, sriracha and agave. Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce down to about a cup. Add the chicken and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and cover and cook for about 15 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through. Take the lid off and check for seasonings. Add the cilantro and mint for garnish. Serve with coconut rice.