- 1½ pound Chilean sea bass, cut into 3 to 4 filets
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix the spices in a small bowl. Rub the fish filets all over with the spice rub. Marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge.
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the fish filets on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle oil and sprinkle salt on each of the filets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the filets.
Corn Risotto with Avocado Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin, powdered
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ears of corn, off the cob
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1/3 half and half
- ½ cup queso fresco, grated
Heat a wide frying pan with the olive oil. Add the cumin and sauté for a minute on medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn and the rice. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on medium low heat. Gradually add the broth one ladle at a time, stirring the rice in between. Add the liquid as it cooks out. The risotto should take about 20 minutes to cook. Add the half and half and cheese. Mix well and check for seasonings. Add salt. Serve with avocado salad on top and fish on the side.
Avocado and Tomato Salad
- 1 large Hass avocado, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Mix the avocado, tomatoes, lime juice, salt and cilantro in a medium bowl. Mix well and serve on top of the risotto with the fish on the side.