Coconut Shrimp Curry- Thai Style
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned, deveined and sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Place the shrimp, tamari and garlic in a zip lock bag. Marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and the insides minced- yields about ½ cup
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
Heat a wok like pan and add the olive oil. Add the marinated shrimp and sauté on high heat for a minute. Take out and keep aside.
Add the onions and lemongrass. Saute on medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tamarind concentrate, coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar and sriracha sauce. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fresh basil, cilantro and shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the shrimp are cooked. Taste for seasonings, add salt and lime juice.
cilantrococonut curryfish sauceFood Blogfresh basilgarlicjumbo shrimplemon grasslight coconut milklime juicepalm sugarRecipe BlogShrimp Currysriracha saucetamaritamarind concentratethai curriesthai foodyellow onions
Leave a Reply