- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup green beans, chopped and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or bottled marinara sauce
- ½ pound cooked pasta (I used pappardelle) with ½ cup pasta water to spare
Heat a wide frying pan with olive oil. Saute the onion and garlic on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn and green beans. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the basil and check for seasonings. Add the marinara sauce, bring to a boil and then add the cooked pasta with the pasta water. Mix well, bring to a boil and check for seasonings.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
Mix everything together in a large bowl. Check for seasonings and serve with a dollop of ricotta on a serving of pasta.