- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to high broil.
Transfer the cauliflower florets onto a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil on high for 5 to 10 minutes, turning the florets over after 5 minutes so they are golden brown all over. Keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut in half
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons, parsley stems, chopped
- 1 tablespoon, dill stems, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bottle tomato pasata (tomato puree)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Heat a heavy saucepan with the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces, sprinkle some salt and brown in two batches, turning once. Take the chicken out and add more olive oil if needed. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and dill stems. Saute on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the red wine vinegar, tomato sauce and cinnamon. Let cook and come to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken pieces and let simmer with lid on for 15 minutes. Take the lid off and add the olives cooked cauliflower. Simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Check for seasonings and serve with a garnish of breadcrumbs.
Bread Crumb Topping
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup pine nuts, chopped
Heat a small pan with the oil. Add the bread crumbs and garlic and sauté on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and transfer the bread crumbs to a medium bowl. Let cool. Add the dill, parsley, lemon zest and nuts to the bowl. Mix well and serve the stew with a sprinkling of the bread crumb mixture.