Perfect recipe for a barbecue.. I made this last summer and it was a big hit!
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
Score the drumsticks a couple of times and marinate them in the chipotle mixture in a zip lock bag over night or for at least 2 hours.
- 1 cup tomato sauce, preferably fresh
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo (added a pepper in there as well)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Bring all the ingredients to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste for seasonings and set aside.
Grill the chicken till done and baste with half of the chipotle sauce. Use the rest of serving on the side. Serve the chicken with a salad.