Another delicious pasta. Shrimp and sausage is a great combination..
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 to 3 cups cooked pasta
Heat a wide frying pan with olive oil. Add the sausage and brown on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Take out and keep aside. Add the shallots, garlic and rosemary. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and add the sausage. Cook with the lid for about ten minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 4 to 5 minutes making sure not to over cook. Add salt and parsley. Serve with pasta.