This recipe reminds me of summer and mangos are still available .. in case you can’t find them, substitute any seasonal fruit like an apple or pear… it will be delicious!
- 1 to 2 mangoes, cut into ½ inch squares
- 1 avocado, cut into ½ inch squares
- 2 cups fresh kale, cleaned and chopped (I used a mix of chopped cruciferous vegetables)
- 1/3 cup slivered onions
Transfer all the ingredients to a serving bowl.
- 1/3 cup mango juice
- 2 teaspoons tamarind concentrate
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Add the mango juice, tamarind, lime juice, cumin, cayenne, honey, salt and oil to a air tight container with the lid on. Shake really well and taste for seasonings. Pour over the veggies, toss well and serve.