This is yummy and very appropriate for this week of cinch de mayo…
- 1 cubanelle pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves with skins on
- 3 to 4 green onions, cut into quarters
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Place the peppers, garlic and green onions on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt. Roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes on 350 degrees F. Add the roasted vegetables in a blender with the cilantro. Blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Mix the ground beef, salt and egg with the green mixture. Divide the mixture into 6 patties. Keep aside.
- 6 buns
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, smoked paprika, lime juice and salt in a small bowl and keep aside.
Cook the patties and assemble the burgers with the mayonnaise and tomato slices. Serve with oven fries.