Yummy lasagna for the fall…
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat a saucepan with the butter and add the flour. Stir with a whisk on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the milk and garlic gradually and continue whisking and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Check for seasoning and keep aside.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces Cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
Heat a frying pan with the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes till the mushrooms are golden brown. Add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and keep aside.
- ½ cup prepared or homemade pesto
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 9 to 12 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 8X8 oven-proof pan
Pour a ladle of white sauce to the bottom of the pan, add one layer of noodles on top. Add another ladle of sauce. Spread ¼ cup pesto and sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmigiano cheese on top of that. Then, add half of the sliced mushrooms. Top with another layer of noodles and repeat the process. Top with another layer of noodles and pour the remaining sauce covering the top and sides. Top with the mozzarella cheese, cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes till the noodles are fully cooked and cheese is gooey. Let the lasagna sit for 15 minutes before serving.