Meyer lemons are still in season- make use of them! This is a great recipe…
- 4 to 6 bone-in chicken breasts with skin
- ¼ cup good quality butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pancetta, chopped fine
- Zest of three meyer lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl and carefully insert about a teaspoon of the mixture under the skin of each chicken breast. Rub any leftover mixture on top of the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Marinate chicken for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ to ¾ cup chicken broth
Heat a large frying pan (oven proof) with the olive oil. Brown the chicken pieces with skin side down for 3 to 4 minutes or till golden brown. Transfer to oven and finish cooking till the internal temperature shows 160 degrees F.
Take out of oven and take the chicken pieces out of the pan. On a medium heat, add the flour to the bottom of the pan and stir, taking off all the bits and pieces from the roasted chicken. Slowly add the broth, whisking to avoid any lumps. Mix well, bring to a boil and check for salt and pepper. Serve chicken with gravy.