Yummy and healthy dish for Meatless Monday!!
- 2 cups zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, with skin on
- Olive oil
Place the vegetables and garlic on to a line cookie sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some salt. Mix well and roast in a 400 degrees oven for 30 minutes. Take out and let cool. Slide the garlic out of the skins and mash with fork.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or store bought tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup roasted corn
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ pound pasta of choice, cooked al dente and 1 cup spare pasta water
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, basil and the roasted garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn and the roasted vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cheese and pasta. Mix well and add the spare pasta water if needed. Check for seasonings and add salt.