Meatless Monday continues with this delicious pasta primavera I made with a wine sauce. I served it on top of healthy whole wheat spaghetti! It was yum!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms, cleaned and chopped into quarters
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups homemade or store brought tomato sauce
- ½ pound whole wheat spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Heat a large frying pan with the butter and oil. Add the thyme and both the mushrooms. Saute on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, salt and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes and add the zucchini. Saute for a minute and transfer the vegetables to a plate. Deglaze with wine and scrape all the brown bits off and cook the wine down to about half a cup. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the vegetables back and check for seasonings. Serve on top of spaghetti and top with cheese.