- ¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into ½ inch squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an ovenproof dish that is approximately 13 X 9. Mix the seven ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the butter and rub in with fingers until moist clumps form. Keep aside.
- 2 pounds ripe yet firm pears, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Toss the pears with the lemon juice, sugar and flour. Transfer the filling to the ovenproof dish. Sprinkle topping over. Bake the crumble until pears are tender and the topping is golden brown- about 40 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.