- Pizza dough from your favorite pizzeria, divided into eight pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pancetta, chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
Heat a medium frying pan with the olive oil. Add the pancetta and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Add the onion slices and fresh thyme. Mix well and sauté on medium heat. Add salt and mix well. Cook on medium heat for a good 20 minutes or till the onions are translucent and soft with a soft golden color. Be careful not to burn the onions. Keep aside.
- 16 Fontina Slices (2 on each pizza)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Roll out an individual pizza and add some fontina slices on the surface. Add the desired amount of caramelized onions on top. Bake pizza till the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.