Great soup recipe I took from serious eats of course modified it to my taste… yummy!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 links chicken garlic sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled, quartered and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, quartered and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 5 cups homemade or store bought chicken stock
- 6 cups baby kale, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the crumbled sausage and sauté for about 5 minutes or till the sausage is golden brown. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes and the stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes a bit to thicken the soup. Add 1 teaspoons of salt. Cook for a about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the chopped kale and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Check for seasonings and garnish with chives.