This is a great recipe for the summer- perfect for just the family or to entertain with…
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of half a large lemon
- Zest of a lemon
Heat a small saucepan with the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic cloves. Saute on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the raspberries, tomatoes, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. Cool the mixture and blend in a blender till smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Take one cup aside for basting the chicken.
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Mix the spices and keep aside.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
Sprinkle the dry rub all over the chicken on both sides. Marinate over night or at least for 4 hours.
Grill the chicken while basting every few minutes with the barbecue sauce.
Serve the chicken with the remaining sauce on the side.