- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 8 allspice berries
Toast the spices in a dry cast iron pan on medium heat until fragrant and grind in a spice mill. Keep aside.
- 1 pound rice noodles, cooked according to package directions. Drizzle a bit of oil, mix well and keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice and zest of one large lime
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 14 ounces can of coconut milk
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, chopped
- 3 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Heat a wok like pan with the coconut oil. Add the onion and sauté on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger and cook for another 4 minutes. Add the spice mix, turmeric, cayenne pepper, juice and zest of lime, salt, fish sauce and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the Chinese broccoli and shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Check for seasonings and add the green onion, mint, cilantro and basil.
Dip the noodles briefly in hot water, drain and add some to each serving bowl. Top with the shrimp curry and serve warm.