- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack fresh Mexican chorizo, casings off and crumbled
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water, drain and put them into an ice bath to shock them and retain the color. Take out of the water and pat dry. Keep aside. This can be done a day before and refrigerated.
Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the chorizo and cook on medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes till golden brown. Add the shallots and cook, stirring and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the pine nuts and cook for a minute. Add the Brussels sprouts to the mixture, mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes till the sprouts are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve.