- 1 medium sized eggplant
Place the eggplant on to a grill or under a broiler. Char the skin from all sides, making sure the eggplant is nice is tender once done- about 10 to 15 minutes. Keep aside and let cool, take skin off and mash with a fork.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons stems of fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons stems of fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup peas
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
Heat a heavy saucepan with the oil. Add the dill, cilantro, onion and garlic. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coriander powder, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and sauté for an addition 3 to 4 minutes. Add the eggplant and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, cilantro and dill. Mix well and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes or till the peas are heated through. Check for seasonings and serve warm.