- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Transfer the tomatoes to a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt and mix well. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Put the tomatoes through a food mill or a blender. Keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ pound rigatoni, cooked with ½ cup pasta water to spare
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the roasted tomato sauce, cooked pasta and the pasta water. Mix well, season according to taste and garnish with parsley.