Meatless Mondays have never been yummier! These easy to make soba noodles are a crowd pleaser- no one will notice how healthy they are! I would eliminate the dashi to make it a 100% vegetarian!
- 1 cup vegetable broth, warm
- 1 ½ teaspoons dashi
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced, any variety
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 pound fresh or dried soba noodles, cooked to package instructions, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias
Heat a wok like pan with the peanut oil. Add the mushrooms, green beans and red peppers and sauté on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked and drained noodles and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the sauce and bring to a boil and mix well. Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper accordingly. Garnish with green onions and serve.