- 8 ounces lo mein noodles, cooked according to package instructions, rinse with water and drizzle a teaspoon of oil to avoid clumping
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 ounces steak, filet mignon, cut thinly
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Juice of one lime
Stir together the garlic, soy sauce, honey and red pepper flakes. Heat a tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok like pan till scorching hot. Add the steak and ginger. Saute on high heat for about two minutes, sprinkle with salt and transfer to a plate.
Add 2 tablespoons peanut oil into the same wok, add the mushrooms and sauté on high for 3 to 4 minutes, till the mushrooms are golden brown. Transfer to the same plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the wok and add the broccoli florets. Cook on high for 2 minutes and add chicken broth to steam the broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes, add the carrots, steak, mushroom and soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil and add the noodles and toss well. Check for seasoning and add salt accordingly. Add the sesame oil, scallions and lime juice. Toss to coat and serve warm.