I love a one pot meal! This is a yummy dish filled with noodles, steak and mushrooms. It is flavored with one of my favorite Chinese spices- Szechuan peppercorns!!
- 10 ounces Chinese noodles, cooked according to directions, keep aside
- 1 rib eye steak, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
Roast the peppercorns and cumin seeds in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Let them cool and grind till a powder is formed. Marinate the steak slices with the spice mixture and salt for 2 to 3 hours.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 ounces Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces Shiitaki mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat a wok like saucepan with the oil. Brown the steak on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Take out of the pan and add the mushrooms and sauté on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic. Saute for a minute and add the cooked noodles, steak slices and the sauces. Mix well and check for seasonings. Garnish with cilantro.