Tag: baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 10 oz pack of Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 2 teaspoon orange marmalade, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Mix the tamarind, marmalade, orange juice, tamari and corn starch making sure all the ingredients are dissolved well. Keep aside.
Heat a wok like pan with the olive oil. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on high heat. Add the white parts of the bok choy and mushrooms. Saute on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tofu and the sauce. Mix well and bring to boil. Add the bok choy greens and cilantro. Cook for another minute. Check for seasonings and serve on brown rice.
I think I am currently obsessed with Asian food.. I love it and love cooking it…You could buy a jar of green curry from the store or you could make your own.. the one from scratch is way yummier!!!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- Zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
Marinate the chicken slices in the lime zest, salt and oil. Mix well and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 to 3 fresh lemon grass stalks, trimmed, the ends smashed and chopped fine (I used frozen chopped lemon grass)
- 2 inch piece of galangal, chopped (you can substitute with fresh 1 inch fresh ginger)
- 2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves (substitute with zest of 1 lime)
- Zest of 1 lime (use 2 limes all together if kaffir limes leaves are not being used)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
Place all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Pound till a paste is formed. Keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (your favorite)
- Salt to taste
- 1 large red, orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 to 5 baby bok choy, sliced in quarters
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat a saucepan with the oil. Add the curry paste and sauté on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, palm sugar, fish sauce and chili sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken slices and poach on a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep aside. Continue to simmer and add the peppers and the bok choy. Cook for another 5 minutes. Return the chicken back to the curry and finish cooking, making sure the chicken is not over cooked. Garnish with cilantro.