Tag: carrot salad
Moroccan Style Carrot and Orange Salad with Harissa Dressing
This is a great carrot salad to complement yesterdays’ stew or any other entree.. in fact, it will delicious with any grilled meats/seafood! I have buying the most gorgeous looking multi colored organic carrots from Trader Joes but any kind of carrots will do, in face you can buy the pack of already shredded carrots to keep things simple. Either way, this is a yummy salad!
- 4 to 5 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 to 4 navel oranges, cut into segments and squeeze the juice and keep aside for dressing
- 4 green onions, chopped
Transfer all the ingredients to a serving bowl. Keep aside.
- ½ cup orange juice
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
Transfer all the ingredients to an airtight container. Mix well with the lid on. Taste for seasonings. Pour half of the dressing onto the salad, mix well and add some salt to adjust seasonings. Pour more dressing if needed. Let the salad sit for at least an hour in the fridge before serving.
Middle Eastern Style Carrot and Raisin Salad
Another yummy salad to complement my feast but this can go with any kind of meal. You can use the pre grated carrots from the store to make it easier but I used the multi colored carrots that made the salad extra special!!
- 5 to 6 large carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice on one large lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
Transfer all the ingredient to a serving bowl. Mix well and let the salad sit for a couple of hours before serving.