Tag: healthy latin dishes
Another delicious summer recipe…
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix the salt, smoked paprika and garlic powder together. Sprinkle all over the steak and marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more
- 2 cup shitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce
Heat a wide frying pan with the olive oil. Brown the steak on both sides on high heat. Keep aside. Cut into bit sized pieces. Add the mushrooms and add more oil if needed. Saute on medium high heat for a minute. Add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on medium high heat, stirring constantly. Deglaze with orange juice and scrape the bottom of the pan. Add the adobo sauce. Mix well. Add the steak pieces and heat through. Serve on top of corn tortillas.