Great soup recipe I took from serious eats of course modified it to my taste… yummy!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 links chicken garlic sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled, quartered and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, quartered and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 5 cups homemade or store bought chicken stock
- 6 cups baby kale, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the crumbled sausage and sauté for about 5 minutes or till the sausage is golden brown. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes and the stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes a bit to thicken the soup. Add 1 teaspoons of salt. Cook for a about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the chopped kale and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Check for seasonings and garnish with chives.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, stems and leaves separated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon corn starch mixed in with 2 teaspoons water
- Peanut oil for grilling
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
Add the tamari, fish sauce, brown sugar, cilantro stems, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well. Place the chicken in a zip lock bag and add the marinade and marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge. Take chicken out of the bag, pat dry and keep aside. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan, bring to a boil and add the corn starch sauce. Bring to another boil, taste for seasonings and keep aside.
Heat the grill on high to preheat to at least 500 degrees. Turn heat down to medium. Drizzle the chicken pieces with some peanut oil and place on the hot grill and wait 3 to 4 minutes or until grill marks form. Turn the thighs and grill on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes with the lid on. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a platter and garnish with cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts.