Tag: Indian dessert
Here is one of my favorite Indian sweets! Happy Diwali! Enjoy..
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 to 5 green cardamoms (seeds taken out and crushed)
- 1¼ cups sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Pistachios, chopped
Heat a medium frying pan and add the coconut oil. Add the besan and sauté on medium heat for at least 30 minutes (or more) till the mixture turns a light caramel color.
Add the ricotta, coconut and cardamom seeds. Mix well and let the moisture from the ricotta cook out- about ten minutes.
Turn the heat off and add the sugar. Mix well until all is incorporated.
Spread the mixture on to a shallow platter with edges. Smooth with a spatula and sprinkle the almonds and pistachios and press down with fingers. Keep in fridge for half an hour to set. Take out and cut into small squares and serve.
Delicious dessert for Diwali.. super simple and delicious!
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese (full fat)
- 4 to 5 cardamom seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups dried unsweetened powdered coconut (grind shredded coconut in spice grinder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 9 inch round pie dish, spread some butter all over and keep aside
Add the coconut oil to a medium heavy on a medium heat. Once the oil melts, add the ricotta cheese. Cook on medium heat, constantly stirring for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the cardamom seeds, powdered coconut and sugar. Cook on medium heat while stirring for another 5 minutes or till the sugar melts. Transfer the mixture to the pie dish and smooth the surface with a knife. Add the pistachios over the top and cover with plastic wrap. Let it set in fridge for 2 to 3 hours before cutting into 2 inches squares. Serve room temperature.