Tag: tamarind sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 10 oz pack of Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 2 teaspoon orange marmalade, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Mix the tamarind, marmalade, orange juice, tamari and corn starch making sure all the ingredients are dissolved well. Keep aside.
Heat a wok like pan with the olive oil. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on high heat. Add the white parts of the bok choy and mushrooms. Saute on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tofu and the sauce. Mix well and bring to boil. Add the bok choy greens and cilantro. Cook for another minute. Check for seasonings and serve on brown rice.