Tag: white chili
It’s that time of year… yummy chili with a beautiful glass of red wine..
- 4 chicken thighs, skin off with bones
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer chicken thighs to a lined cookie sheet.
Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken thighs. Sprinkle salt, smoked paprika and chipotle powder and rub all over the thighs. Roast in the hot oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through. Keep aside and let cool. Shred the chicken with the fork and keep aside.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 4 ounce can roasted green chilies
- 1½ cups roasted frozen corn
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Grated cheese for garnish
Heat a heavy saucepan with the olive oil. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno. Saute on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly. Add the canned green chilies, corn, beans, cooked chicken and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer and cook for about 20 minutes with lid on. Take the lid off, check for seasonings and serve with a garnish of grated cheese.