Yummy and healthy and perfect for a cold day….
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound dark meat ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can of beans (use your favorite, I used pinto), rinsed and drained
Heat a saucepan with olive oil and add the ground meat. Saute and brown on high heat while separating the meat and stirring at the same time for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin and ancho chili. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, cilantro and tomato paste. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth and beans. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook, covered for 30 minutes. Take the lid off and check for seasonings, add salt and serve warm with shredded cheese and other desired toppings.