- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10oz pack of cremini mushroom, sliced
- ¼ pound shitaki mushrooms, sliced
- 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup a dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken or mushroom broth, heated in a saucepan
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup shredded pecorino romano
- 2 teaspoons white truffle paste
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and thyme sprigs. Saute on medium high heat for 7 to 8 minutes or till the mushrooms begin to wilt and the moisture begins to cook away. Add one teaspoon salt and mix well. Add the Arborio rice and sauté for a minute. Add the wine and mix well on medium heat till the liquid dissipates. Add a large ladle of chicken broth and repeat the process till all the broth is used and the rice is cooked al dente and creamy. The process should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
Finish the risotto with half and half, pecorino cheese and the white truffle paste. Mix well and taste for seasonings. Serve with scallops on top.
- 1 pound large scallops, about 11 to 12
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Add the olive oil and add the scallops. Saute 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Drizzle the lemon juice. Serve on top of risotto.