Yaki Soba with Beef and Chinese Broccoli
Can’t get enough of noodles!!! Yum, yum… we all love them and I love going to our local Asian grocery store to buy fresh noodles…
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound skirt steak, sliced against the grain into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil plus more
- 1 orange or red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, chopped
- 1 pound yaki soba fresh noodles, cooked according to package directions
Mix the tamari, mirin, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
Transfer the beef slices to a mixing bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the sauce, corn starch and sesame oil to the beef. Mix well and marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
Heat a wok like pan with the peanut oil. Add the marinated beef strips and sauté on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Take out of pan and add more oil if needed. Reheat the pan and add the pepper and onion. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes and add the Chinese broccoli and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the noodles and the rest of the marinade. Mix well and check for seasonings and serve.
Leave a Reply