Banana Bread with Coconut Oil
This is the most delicious banana bread. I changed up my regular recipe to included coconut oil and coconut sugar. If you want to indulge.. definitely make this recipe. The great thing is that it is not completely bad for you…
- 1¼ cups unbleached white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, at room temperature, plus more for preparing the pan
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, and mashed with a fork (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup toasted walnut pieces
- ½ cup milk or dark chocolate, chips or grated
Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a medium bowl, set aside. Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, set aside. Lightly brush a 9X5X3 inches loaf pan with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated. Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled), and remove the bowl from the mixer.
With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the nuts and chocolate pieces and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan for 5 minutes before taking it out. Cool completely before serving.
Leave a Reply