Great recipe for the big game!
- 4 to 5 medium tomatillos, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 ancho chilies, cut in half and deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves, with skin on
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 to 5 green onions, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place all the ingredients onto a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and bit of salt. Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes till the vegetables are soft. Let cool and slide the skin off the ancho chilies. Place in a blender with cilantro and green onions and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 pound dark meat ground turkey
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Squeeze of lime
Heat a large saucepan with the oil. Add the chili powder and oregano. Saute for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add the ground meat and sauté over high heat, separating the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the meat is golden brown. Add the beans, tomatillo sauce and 1 cup broth. Bring to a boil, add some salt and simmer on a medium heat covered for 20 minutes. Take the lid off and continue cooking on simmer for another 15 minutes. Add more broth if needed. Check for seasonings and garnish with cilantro and lime. Serve with corn bread.
Leave a Reply