Pasta Arrabbiata with Herbed Breadcrumbs
Just a simple plate of pasta can be so delicious- you don’t need a whole lot of ingredients… just really good ones!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (seeded depending on how spicy you want)
- 3 cups fresh tomato sauce or canned tomatoes
- ½ pound penne, cooked al dente with 1 cup pasta water
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
Heat a saucepan with butter and oil. Add the shallots, garlic and jalapenos. Saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer with lid off for 30 minutes. Add basil and pasta. Mix well and check for seasonings and add salt. Adjust consistency of sauce by adding pasta water if needed. Serve warm with a garnish of herbed breadcrumbs.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of one lemon
Mix all the ingredients and serve on top of pasta.
TAGSbasilbutterFood Blogfresh thymegarlicitalian recipesjalapenopanko breadcrumbsparsleyPastapasta arrabbiatapenneRecipe Blogshallotstomato saucetravel blog
Leave a Reply