I loved making this salad. It is a great way of introducing different vegetables without cooking them. I took a vegetable peeler and made lovely ribbons with carrots and zucchini.
Speaking of vegetable peelers- it is very important to have a good one. I would highly recommend a Messermeister peeler. I got one a couple of years ago and absolutely love it. It makes peeling a cinch.
Making lovely ribbons was very easy with my great peeler. I combined feta cheese with the carrots and zucchinis. I made a delicious dressing cumin seeds, orange and lemon juices.
The salad was delicious with the chicken on the side- healthy and yummy…
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced thin into ribbons with a peeler
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin into ribbons with a peeler
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of a navel orange
- Juice of one lemon
Add the orange juice, lemon juice, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil, emulsifying the dressing. Add to the vegetables and mix well. Check for seasoning and add the feta.