Tag: asiago cheese
This is one of my favorite pastas to eat- I love the earthy, slightly bitter broccoli rabe and lots of garlic… plus it is a perfect Meatless Monday dish!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped with stems off
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ pound pasta of choice, cooked al dente with 1 cup pasta water
- ½ cup cheese, a variety is ideal- I used a combination of Parmigiano, Asiago and Pecorino
Heat a wide frying pan with the olive oil. Add the garlic and nuts and cook on a low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook on medium high heat till the greens wilt down. Add the cooked pasta and ½ cup pasta water. Mix well and add the cheese. Stir and check for seasonings. Add more salt and pasta water if needed. Serve warm.