Tag: flat leaf parsley
I thought I would post recipes this week that have lots of summer ingredients.. since you can still find all the fresh ingredients.. although this one can be made any time of year, but it is particularly delicious with some grilled fish or meat!
- 1 cup barley (I used the quick cooking variety), cooked according to package directions. Instead of water, I used chicken broth, juice of half a lemon and 1 teaspoon salt to cook mine. Cool the barley and add to a serving bowl and let cool.
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
Add the parsley, mint, dill, cucumber, tomatoes, lemon juice, oil and salt to the cooked barley and mix well. Let the salad sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.