Tag: wild arugula
Burgers (Makes about 16 to 18 patties)
- 3 pounds ground chicken (dark meat)
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 inches ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 serrano chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and divide into 16 to 18 patties, depending on the size.
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 12 to 16 brioche rolls, sliced
Mango Pineapple Chutney
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 big shallot, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned pineapple
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup mango lemonade
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Heat a small frying pan. Add the olive oil, shallot, garlic and ginger. Saute on medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the mango, pineapple, pineapple juice, mango lemonade, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes covered. Turn the heat off and blend the mixture till smooth in a blender. Taste for seasonings and add salt if necessary. Take out in a bowl and let it cool before using it for the burgers.
To assemble the burgers, place a burger on the sliced brioche. Spread the chutney on one side with the arugula, slice tomatoes and onions.
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese mix (asiago, provolone, parmesan, mozzarella) divided
Add the eggs, salt, pepper, half and half and half cup cheese. Beat well and keep aside.
- 5 to 6 red skinned potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat a non-stick large pan with the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté on medium high heat for a minute. Add garlic and the potatoes. Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Saute on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the eggs and cook on a medium low heat for another 10 minutes. Top the frittata with the remaining half-cup cheese and place under a broiler on low heat. Cook till the top is golden brown- about 5 minutes (depends on the broiler heat, so keep a close eye). Take out and let sit for a few minutes. Slide out on a large platter.
- 2 cups wild arugula
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix the arugula, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Top the frittata with the salad and serve.