- 1 pound chicken thighs, with or without bones, without skin
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
Mix the yogurt, half and half, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, salt and garam masala in a bowl. Add to a zip lock bag with the chicken and marinate in the fridge overnight or at least 2 hours. Keep aside.
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 cloves
Add the onion, tomatoes, chicken broth, cardamom and cloves to a medium pan. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes or till everything is soft and mushy. Blend in a blender till smooth.
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Heat a large saucepan with the olive oil and cinnamon stick. Add the blended onion mixture and sauté on medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the chicken including the marinade. Mix well and cook on a medium heat covered for 20 minutes or till the chicken is cooked through. Take the lid off and turn the heat up to cook the extra moisture off, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Check for seasonings and garnish with cilantro.