- 1 to 1½ pounds chicken thighs and legs (bone in)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (1 teaspoon dry)
- ½ cup kalamata olives (pitted)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
Transfer the garlic, oil, olive, oregano, lemon juice and salt into a mortar and pestle (or a processor). Take the paste out and add to a large zip lock bag with the chicken pieces. Marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3 to 4 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 to 5 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces and seeds squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the chicken with the marinade. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, oil and salt. Mix well and bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes till the chicken is tender and potatoes are crisp. Take out of oven and garnish with feta. Serve with roast vegetables and couscous.