- 2 pounds dark meat ground turkey
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
Process the olives, oregano, garlic and shallot in a food processor till chopped well. Add the mixture to the ground turkey with the salt. Add the eggs and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the fridge for a couple of hours.
Form into 8 patties and keep aside.
Grill the burgers till cooked well inside.
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated cucumber with excess water squeezed out
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
Mix the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and sauce in a small bowl. Assemble burgers on toasted ciabatta rolls with a generous dollop of Tzatziki sauce and serve.